The ANZGG awards bronze medals to distinguished geomorphologists who have made a significant contribution to the ANZGG through sustained interest and participation in conferences and other activities of the organisation.
The two inaugural medals were presented in July 2009 at the Seventh International Conference on Geomorphology to:
- Professor John Chappell, Research School of Earth Sciences, ANU.
- Professor Martin Williams, Geographical and Environmental Studies, The University of Adelaide.
A third medal was presented in February 2011 at the 14th Biennial Meeting at Oamaru NZ, to:
- Professor Mike Crozier, Victoria University of Wellington.
The fourth medal was presented in December 2012 at the 15th Biennial Meeting at Bundanoon, to:
- Professor Gerald Nanson, School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Wollongong.
The fifth medal was presented in December 2014 at the 16th Biennial Meeting at Tambourine Mountain, to:
- Professor Jane Soons, Department of Geography, University of Canterbury.
The sixth and seventh medals were presented in February 2019 at the 18th Biennial Meeting at Inverloch, to:
- Associate Professor Trish Fanning, Department of Environmental Sciences, Macquarie University
- Professor Brad Pillans, Research School of Earth Sciences, ANU
If you wish to nominate someone for a medal, the criteria and Nomination Form can be found here.